Timothy S. DeanPartner
Attorney Tim Dean is a semi native Floridian having been raised in Ocala, Florida and graduated from Vanguard High School. Tim then attended University of Florida and received his bachelor degree in 1988. After working for a year as a produce manager for a grocery store chain and marrying his college girlfriend Karin Algarra from Miami as she graduated from UF, Tim matriculated to Ole Miss and received his law degree cum laude in December 1991.
Tim has lived in Ocala since May 1992 upon his admission to the Florida Bar where in addition to practicing law, Tim and Karin have raised three children, TJ, David and Rachel, who are currently each engaged in advanced education studies in various academic settings around the State of Florida.
In addition to practicing law, Tim has helped manage the Dean family fire truck part manufacturing business since 1996, which employs seventy people in two states across the U.S. Tim has also served as a Judge Advocate in the U.S. Army Reserve since 2003 where he currently holds the rank of Major. Finally, Tim teaches at Central Florida College as an adjunct in several law based college courses.
Tim has a passion for helping clients resolve legal issues. He works hard to provide practical and effective legal advice in business, real estate, probate and trust administration as well as personal injury, wrongful death and other areas of tort litigation. Tim is admitted to practice in all Florida courts. Tim is also a member of the Marion County Bar Association.
When not practicing law, Tim enjoys golf, fishing and outdoor sporting activities especially those activities that also provide opportunity for him to enjoy his Airstream travel trailer with Karin.
- Business Counsel, Estate Planning and Probate Litigation
- Real Estate Counsel and Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Florida, 1992
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi, Cum Laude
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Florida Bar Association
- Marion County Bar Association
- United States Army Reserve, Judge Advocate General (J.A.G.), 2003 – Present
- Judge Advocate Advanced Graduate Course, 2012
- Adjunct Professor – Central Florida College, 2012 – Present
- Pro Poly of America, Inc., President, 1996 – Present
- Legal Assistance Chief, U.S. Army, Ft. Benning, GA, 2008
- Brother's Keeper Board
- Hospice of Marion County Board
- Ocala Civic Theatre Board
- Ocala Rotary Club Past President